Hi there, dear readers! Good morning if this post finds you before noon and good afternoon if it finds you then.
I recently discovered Lydia Howe’s blog, Noveltea, (thanks, Jessica, for sharing some things from her on Goodreads). I was inspired by her review of the month of August and the goals she sets for herself. They have a fresh feeling and seem full of the joy of life. I thought I might try it with my own twist.
So from the 16th of September to the 16th of October, here are some goals for my blog:
- Publish 6 posts
- Post on a random weekday
- One of the posts must be on vulnerability
- One of the posts must be a book review
- One of the posts must be short and discussion-oriented
- Explore the reviewed book deeper in a separate post
- Share a praise item
- Share something about life in Cambodia
- Link to 4 blogs that have encouraged me
- Share 3 quotes from Isolated
- Revise my home page
- Draft the back cover description for the sequel to Isolated
I realize it’s been a while since I’ve published a “normal” post just sharing my thoughts about what I feel God has been teaching me. Hopefully, that will be amended in the following weeks.
Although, perhaps you like something like this every now and again. Does it feel more relatable and personal? Or, if you’re honest, do you prefer the routine I used to keep before the craziness that came with publishing Isolated?
How do you feel about goals? What part do you think they play in God’s design?
In the end, I think one goal matters:
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.