All you dear readers, I’ve decided to go on Hiatus for the month of April. This idea was inspired by Kellyn Roth (you can read her post here). Through her words, I realized two things:
- Hiatuses can come in a variety of forms. They can mean the complete absence of the blogger for a time, or they can be more… creative
- Though the rest that comes with hiatuses is valuable on its own, they can have other purposes.
With these two things in mind, let me introduce you to my plan.
I’m going on hiatus because I need to refocus. Blogging is a very special part of my life, but it isn’t my life. I have other commitments; family, friends, work, the preparation of my novellas for publishing this year. Given that it’s become the norm for me to start personal emails with an apology for taking so long to reply, I think I could do with time to refocus. During my hiatus, I hope to set in place habits that I will continue even after the month of April.
I’m going on hiatus because I want to do some serious brainstorming. I’m counting down the months until my first novellas are published and I want to plan some exciting posts that treat you to teasers and sneak peeks. Think character interviews, quotes, inspiration boards, etc. But these require planning and preparation. During my Hiatus, I hope to prepare in advance the content that I would like to post in the months to come.
On the blog
So there you have what I’m planning to do during the month of April. Here’s what you can expect with regards to activity on this blog.
First of all, I’m not planning on posting any usual posts.
However, I’m contemplating reblogging other bloggers’ posts while I’m “away”. Maybe I’ll do one every Saturday; maybe it won’t be quite so systematic. We’ll find out together. 😉 In any case, this post will be “pinned” during my Hiatus; any reblogged posts will appear beneath it.
Finally, to break the Hiatus, you can expect a cover reveal, title reveal and back-cover-description reveal of my first novella – a little something to look forward to in the month of May.
Throughout April, I’ll still be present to interact with readers through the comments function, whether on this post or others. So…
- What April in your shoes look like? Are you looking forward to anything in excitement or dread?
- I may be interested in exploring more blogs during my hiatus. Do you have a blog? Do you know of any blogs I may be interested in checking out?
- What sort of teasers or special content related to my novellas would you like to see? Have you seen any creative ideas from other writers you follow?