Questions, questions and still more questions. Ellie felt exhausted under the burden of them all.
Would she pass her final exam? What about when high school was all over? She wanted to travel overseas, but her parents wanted her to start university right away. Would the school accept her application? And what about him? Would their relationship last long distance if she had her own way and got to travel a bit first?
If life was a road, it was blocked with one pile of rubble after another… and she was walking through it blindfolded.
Do you feel like Ellie?
God’s children aren’t left to walk alone.
Are you a child of God? Do you trust in Jesus to save you from sin and its consequences? Do you want to live for Him daily? Here’s a passage from the Bible with a special promise that applies to you if you can honestly answer “yes”:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
– Proverbs 3:5-6
If you’re already a child of God, then the next step is to make sure that you’re actively…
- …trusting in Him with all your heart
- …NOT depending on your own understanding, and
- …seeking his will in all you do
The God of the Bible is a real Being who can have a real impact on your decisions. Why don’t you try taking the three steps in Proverbs 3:5-6 and see what He does?
Let’s chat about it, now.
- Do you trust God enough to talk to Him about school, relationships and your dreams?
- In what areas are you depending on your own understanding?
- What practical steps can you take to actively seek God’s will in all you do?
- And once you’ve done all that, how do you listen for His voice concerning which path you should take?